Celebrate the Year of the Dog!
Lunar New Year is an annual community festival to mark the New Year in the Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean Calendars. With a huge program including plenty of food, entertainment, and free activities, this is an event for the whole family to enjoy.
This year, we’re bringing you an exciting and colourful program showcasing traditional and contemporary cultural performances, including Korean drumming, K-Pop dancers, Vietnamese Ao Dai show, Lion & Dragon dance, local favourites, Sophia Bridget Dalisay and Marcus Rivera, Katrina & the Wonderdogs, and special international guest performers, Wuhan Peking Opera Company from China, and Pyeong taek Nong Ak Percussion team from South Korea.
Get your food fix at our hawker-inspired markets, with some of the best Asian treats on offer: Vietnamese Banh Xeo pancakes, Malaysian noodles, Korean bulgogi beef, pork belly bao, gourmet fried ice cream, desserts from KOI Dessert Bar and refreshing bubble tea, to mention just a few! Families also have the opportunity to enjoy the night from the relaxed setting of the family friendly Lunar Lounge and Dumpling Bar.
- Wuhan Peking Opera Company from China
- Pyeong taek Nong Ak Percussion team from South Korea
- Katrina and the Wonderdogs
- Kung-Fu performances by Sydney Youth Lion & Dragon Dance Troupe
- Free craft workshops, games and activities
- Free K-pop workshops and kid’s cooking classes
- Delicious Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese food and desserts
- Firecracker show
- Spectacular fireworks finale
What are you waiting for ?
Video Link: Click Here
For enquiries about the event above please contact the organisation directly.